CBD-infused apple pie? Count us in! This recipe for a single layer apple pie is perfect to show off at your next family gathering. Easy, as it needs no finishing on the surface at all, but no less delicious! Gather your favorite apples and let's get started.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THE SINGLE CRUST APPLE PIE WITH ADDED CBD
For the dough:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
8 tbsp butter, cut into small cubes
1/4 cup cold water (or more as needed)
For the filling:
2 pounds your favorite apples, peeled
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 tbsp boiled apple cider
3-5 droppers Our CBD Pure Tincture
LET'S GET STARTED!
- In a large bowl, combine together the flour and salt. Add the butter, tossing the cubes in the flour to coat. Slowly rub the butter into the flour. While kneading, start to add the water a few tablespoons at a time until the dough comes together. Wrap the dough in plastic and chill for at least 30 minutes (the longer, the better!) before rolling, forming, and baking.
- Lightly flour the work surface. Roll out the dough into a circle ¼ inch thick. Gently transfer the dough to the pie pan by unfurling it into it slowly. Press gently to make sure the crust settles all the way to the bottom. Trim away the excess dough, leaving a ½ inch overhang all around. Chill in the refrigerator for about 25 minutes, or freeze for about 10 minutes.
- Tuck the excess dough under at the edges, pressing lightly to the outer rim of the pie pan. Return the dough to the refrigerator for another 20 minutes or to the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes. Crimp the edges of the piecrust as desired.
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Prick the dough all over with a fork. Cut a square of parchment slightly larger than the pie pan. Place the parchment over the crust and fill with pie weights or dried beans (yes, dried beans work perfectly as a substitute to pie weights!). Bake the crust on the bottom rack for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the parchment and weights and return the pan to the oven for another 2 to 4 minutes. Then, let it cool completely.
- Core and quarter the apples using a sharp knife. Cut into thin or thick slices, as desired! In a large bowl, stir the sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, spices, and salt to combine. Add the apple slices and toss well to combine.
- Arrange the apple slices on the top of the pie crust as desired. You can just simply arrange them to overlap or arrange them in layers. If you’re feeling adventurous you could try to arrange them in a spiral to create the rosette look… it’s all up to your personal preference!
- Drizzle any of the juices from the bowl over the apples. Stir the unsalted butter and boiled cider together adding 3 to 5 droppers of our CBD Pure Tincture, then brush this mixture evenly over the apples.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 400F and place the pie back in the oven at the bottom rack. Continue to bake until the crust is deeply golden and the apples are tender, for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let it cool for at least 20 minutes before serving and enjoy!